What a busy and eventful final term we had! We had to bid our lovely Year 6s a fond farewell and we wished them all the very best in their new schools. They celebrated their final year in Parkland in style – visiting London and getting to do many different ‘touristy’ things like visit the Natural History Museum, Tower of London, London Eye and Tower Bridge. They also took a boat trip down the Thames and delighted in seeing Matilda the Musical. Other events of particular note were:
- the orchestra playing beautifully to a packed crowd in the Grand Theatre.
- the year 6s showing great stamina and determination when climbing Pen Y Fan
- our Digital Heroes visiting the Sony Center and getting to grips with Raspberry Pi
- our choir performing to a brilliant standard in the National Eisteddfod
- Mal Pope visiting and watching year 3 and 4s perform a dance (inspired by mining) to his music from his new musical Calon Lan
- every class raising money for the school through their entrepreneurship theme ‘You’re Hired’
- a gloriously sunny summer fete with a whole host of activities – a HUGE thank you to the PTA for their continued support
- the London Conchord Ensemble visited and wowed all the pupils and staff
- year 4s working with pupils in Olchfa creating fair trade recipes as part of an entrepreneurship project
The summer was ended in style with every member of our school, from nursery to reception, performing in the Brangwyn Hall. Each year group performed their own number alongside the school’s orchestra and choir. It was an unforgettable night and thank you to all the parents, guardians and other family members who supported the school. A huge congratulations to the pupils who performed amazingly and did the school very proud indeed.